Completesports.com records that a hat-trick from new signing Ollie Watkins and a Jack Grealish brace saw Aston Villa hammer reigning Premier League champions Liverpool 7-2 on Sunday.
Liverpool, after Arsenal shipped in seven against Sunderland in 1953, is also the first defending champion to lose seven goals in a League match.
For Villa, it's already three victories out of three games played so far, although for Liverpool this season it's a first league loss.
This is the second time Villa has scored seven goals since a 7-1 over Wimbledon in 1995 in a Premier League game.
This is also the first time seven have been recognized by Liverpool since a 7-2 league loss at Tottenham in April 1963.
Watkins is the tenth player to score a hat-trick against Liverpool in the Premier League, and the first since Dimitar Berbatov in September 2010.
He is the first English-born player to do so since Kevin Lisbie for Charlton in Sept 2003
Salah’s goal was his 100th in English Football (98 Liverpool, 2 Chelsea) on his 177th appearance.
The Villains move up to second on nine points with Liverpool are fifth also on nine points.
Villa opened scoring in the 4th minute
after Jack Grealish pounced on Adrian’s mistake and played in Watkins who made no mistake for his first Premier League goal.
In the 22 minute Watkins doubled Villa’s lead as he cut into the box from the left and bend a super finish into the top corner.
Salah reduced the deficit in the 33 minute, lashing in a lovely strike to bring the score to 2-1.
But just two minutes after Salah’s goal Villa’s two-goal cushion was restored thanks to John McGinn whose shot from outside the box was deflected in.
Watkins completed his hat-trick in the 39th minute after heading in at the back post to make it 4-1.
Ten minutes into the second half Barkley got his debut Villa goal as he curled in after a slick one-two with Grealish to make it 5-1.
Monday, 05 October 2020 11:37
Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 LossWritten by Cameraboy TV
Published in Top Stories
Latest from Cameraboy TV
- Remi Aluko Drops New Album "Brutality" 3 Days to End of 2020, Covers Hot Topics of The Year
- Ahead 2021 Lagos LGA/LCDA elections, Taoreed Ajuwon declares interest for Ifako Ijaiye Chairmanship position
- Update: Police arrest 21-year-old suspect for brutal highway murder of rapper Mo3
- Trump and 17 US states back Texas bid to undo his election loss at supreme court
- Superstar actress, Tiffany Haddish reportedly turned down hosting the pre-grammys show after being told that all the costs were on her. TMZ reported that the comedic actor said she was offered the hosting gig for the Recording Academy's 3-hour p
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.